The Baptist General Convention of Virginia recognizes the
importance of the Women's Ministry. This ministry was organized
in 1900 to foster Missions and Christian Education throughout the
Baptist Churches of the State of Virginia. It is the aim of the Women's Ministry, through commitment, prayer, and dedication, to be about God’s business in community, area, state, national, and foreign missions.
The objectives of the Women's Ministry are:
1. To unite the women if the Baptist General Convention of Virginia in a fuller understanding and participation in the responsibility for worldwide witness and ministry.
2. To work to cultivate a missionary conviction into the hearts of all church members.
3. To provide resources for in-depth mission education.
4. To promote prayer priority for mission concerns.
5. To contribute regularly to the support of the mission and ministry objectives of the Baptist General Convention of Virginia.
6. To broaden children and youth outreach through the support of Children and Youth-N-Action Program (Junior Missionaries).
“Every Christian is a Laborer for Christ”
Our Biblical Background
“Go to the people of all nations and make them my disciples. Baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and teach them to do everything I have told you, I will be with you always, even until the end of the world.” – Matthew 28:19-20
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Director of Women’s Ministry
B.G.C. - By the Grace of the Cross, the Church, and the Community